Friday, August 5, 2022

Friday Food 08-05-22

 TOMATOES!

My San Diego friend Andrea went wild for tomatoes after buying the 2022 "The Whole Seed Catalog" early this year.  The pictures are amazing and inspiring and the tomatoes look delicious.  She ordered a variety of seeds and planted them, resulting in a bountiful crop of tomatoes.  She shared some this last week and these are the ones I brought home.  They are all tasty and I have enjoyed my annual BLT feast. 

I especially enjoyed the two red ones at the top, but all were good. 

A neighbor down the street used a local mulch which contains sewage sludge, so volunteer cherry tomatoes come up everywhere.  She doesn't pick them and they have started to clamber over her driveway.  So, we stop and pick a few when we walk in the morning. 

These are quite small, see the dime I put down for sizing!  And they grown in convenient clumps so I can pick a bunch with one clip.  

I buy the bags of six tiny avocados at TJoe's because one is just what I need for just me.  They have been quite good this year.   Just a few grains of salt and a squirt of olive oil.  If I only had some fresh basil.  Next time. 

#   #   #




No comments: