Sunday, November 20, 2022

Back to Blogging 11-20-22

It has been over two months since my last post.  But I am going to try to post every day as I always have in the past.  Where have I been and what has kept me from writing?  Lots of different things; major computer problems, health problems, depression, lack of energy, and so forth!  On Oct 12th I received three epidurals for the sciatica.  The previous shots were Dec 2nd, they wore off toward the end of July and the pain kept getting worse.  I'm not very good at decision making these days, so it took me some time to take action and schedule more doctor's appointments, which seem almost impossible to confirm,   So far the shots have helped a lot, but I still have the "electric tingle" regularly.  Have schedule another round of physical therapy.  After months of dealing with UTIs the urologist scheduled a MRI and found a kidney stone which required "blasting".  I did that, but the stone is still there.  It doesn't hurt, so she is holding off to see if it will dissolve. Had to have a tooth pulled and am scheduled for an implant next month.  And right now I have a cold - the sneezing, coughing, aching, dripping kind.  So far I have managed to avoid Covid.    I suspect this is more than you wanted to know, but I needed to explain what has caused my silence.  I have added new quilts to the Collection and this is Sunday so I will post one of the new additions.  

"The Noisy Neighbor"  Sonia Grasvik - Seattle, WA  2022  12"X12"
Commercial cotton fabric, cotton and rayon thread.  Pieced, Appliqued, Machine Quilted

Beside the blackbird/crow the doodling machine quilting is fanastic.  She has quilted each square separately, or perhaps she quilted a large piece and cut it into squares.  Various colors and weights of thread create a intricate texture.  
This was part of the SAQA 2022 online auction in October.  




#   #   #




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very glad to have you back on line, but so sorry to hear about all the things happening to you in the last two months. I hope that some at least will be resolved very soon. you really have had a hard time. Love your new collection addition, too. very kind regards Del. Anne

Mary Ann said...

Glad to see you back. Old ae is not for the timid! How is Koko? Bobby wants to know.

Sally Morris said...

So happy to see you back, and to see another great quilt. I had been very worried about you. Hopefully you are more than on the mend and will soon feel your old self. Being your age, I don't mean old, just former. Just had to purchase 4 new tech pieces. 3 are almost set up but the FitBit is still in the box. The old one is limping along. We all cheer that you are back.

Carol said...

Love the crow!

Unknown said...

Glad you’re back, have missed seeing your posts. Hope life starts treating you better!
Annette

abelian said...

Glad to hear from you, Del! I hope the sciatica is tamed for a good long time, the dental work goes well, and the kidney stone dissolves. That was a lot to deal with! I like that bird quilt. Amazing machine work, which I’d never embark on! Dottie

Kathleen Fields said...

Wonderful to see you posting again! Take it slowly easing back to normal at your own speed. We don't need a relapse. Hugs to you and Coco💗

sonja said...

Glad your back and mending Del.
thanks for sending all the beautiful quilt photos to your readers now and all these years.
wishing the best and better to you and Koko,
be well, sonja

Gayle M P said...

It's so good to see you online again Del. That's too many health challenges to deal with at once. It's good that treatment has now started and is helping, may the healing continue.
It's exciting to have new quilts "The Noisy Neighbour" has interesting quilting. I'll look forward to seeing more. Take care, Gayle.

Martha Ginn said...

Del, blessings on you as you deal with frustrating technical as well as health problems. I'm thankful we are Internet friends and share passion for our animals and our stitching.

Loretta said...

Good Morning, Del....it is very special having you back and understanding your absence! We have hit the age of restoration! I am not tolerant of this age, however, am dealing with it slowly, perhaps much too slowly--nonetheless coping!

You set a fine example and getting going again...thank you.

Love the little quilts at SAQA this year...so many birds...your collection must be overflowing! I'll read your blogger notes today and catch up.

It is wonderful having your back and sharing your life adventures! Fondly, ~L

Sherrie Spangler said...

I'm so sorry to read about your health problems and I hope things will be better for you soon. One step at a time! Take care and keep posting.