Saturday, February 25, 2023

Another rainy day. 02-25-23

The other week when I went to SDiego for the ArtStream meeting my friend Deb gave me this great bird fabric.  It is upholstery weight and about 40" long and 58" wide.  The birds are woven in.



Particularly like this guy.  Check out the feet, guess he is holding the wire together.  Am I too literal?  

I have no idea what I might do with it, right now it hangs in my "viewing spot" at the end of the hall where I see it a zillion times a day when I go to the bathroom!  Deb's friend had a love seat recovered with it and ordered too much fabric. I don't need a love seat, but someone suggested a headboard.  I could also cut out some birds and collage them into a wall quilt.  



Rain all day today again.  We walked in it this morning, but managed to hit a dry spell this evening, although it was only 49F.  Lots of standing water in planters and along walls.  More yet to come. 

#   #   #

 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Beautiful fabric....I'd think a second and third time about cutting it up! The love seat is beautiful, however, I understand that KoKo might be its only sitter! Perhaps a decorative pillow(s). The birds are in context cutting them apart would mean lots of fray! Enjoy your birds!