Saturday, July 15, 2023

Friday Food 07-14-23

I don't eat out much and I never order delivery.  Can't really explain why not, just  seems easier to go out, although sometimes  I pick  up  something and bring it home.  I won't show  a pizza because everyone knows what a pizza looks like!

Other  than Starbucks twice a week I do  drive  thru, especially at In-N-Out.  We go about every  6 or 7 weeks and bring home a cheese burger, fries, and a chocolate milk shake.  I especially enjoy the fries because they make them from scratch.  I am allergic to sulfites and  most places serve  precut fries that  come in a large plastic bag with  water and sulfites to keep them "fresh".  KoKo doesn't eat people food, he just goes along for the ride.

Salmon salad at Fitness  Grill in Yorba Linda. My frequent order.  Just enough and I do love salmon.   Growing up in Oregon salmon was readily available fresh, but we  also ate canned salmon, frequently home-canned.

Friend Carol  and  I had lunch  at a crepe restaurant  run  by a husband/wife team (we think) where he is the waiter and she makes the crepes where everyone can watch.  We should go again, the crepes were  very  tasty.  And not expensive. 

I  am very fond of  Japanese food and eat it out more often than any other choice. This lovely tray of Sushi was at a private party.  A nice variety, each one delicious. 

I  do enjoy breakfast out and don't take it home.  Toast in Brea has the most fabulous benedicts with a choice of sides.  These are their very crispy potatoes (no sulfites) but the other sides are just as tasty.  

Because I take the boys to school the family brings me Indian food every now and then.  This is tilapia, curry "stew", rice, and green beans.  Not just the usual green beans, but very skinny ones about 1/4" diameter cut into 1/4" bits and cooked with spices and onion.  My favorite.  They are very generous, so I have two meals  each time.  Oh, so good. 

#   #   #


2 comments:

abelian said...

It all looks delicious! I really miss In-N-Out, and the local Yucatecan restaurant’s cochinita pibli and poblano chile rellenos, near my old home in CA. Dottie

Diane Perin said...

Having left northern CA for a small island in Washington I do miss In & Out! When I drive to CA in May I was excited to see that there is one in Portland, Oregon! Next trip will plan around that! Take out options are limited at my end of the island and I miss sushi and Mexican a lot. But it means a trip to “the mainland” (when I do a Costco / Target /Trader Joes run or dr appointment) means a an exciting array of fast food options. McDonalds! Taco Bell! Starbucks!