Sunday, July 2, 2023

Yard Cleanup 07-01-23

Today I had some luck with my yard cleanup.  I had a guy come to give me an estimate a couple weeks ago and yesterday he showed up to get started.  Today he and two younger guys came to do the work.  It only took them about two and a half hours and I think they removed every weed in front and back yards.  Unfortunately they also severely pruned that big pink rosebush in the back.  Not a flower or a leaf left!  Hope it will revive.  I will have to get out to prune my favorite "Brandy" rose in the front before he comes back next Friday.  It looks really sad, but may respond to a light pruning, some fertilizer, and some mulch to keep the roots cool.

Pink Rose in backyard. Before pruning!


Brandy in the front yard. 

Cold somewhat better, but still dripping, coughing, sneezing!

#   #   #



2 comments:

Loretta said...

Bravo! Beautiful gardens are a blessing for all of us! Watch your hard pruned rose, I think you'll be very surprised with its new growth and blooms. Roses are not delicate as we think, they handle hard blooming by repaying us for our caring work! Note the condition of the many roses on display at a nursery almost all when displayed for sale are hard pruned! Keep it watered and watch -- then smile!

Loretta said...

Correction to my comment..."...they handle hard pruning by repaying..."xo