Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving 11-22-23

It is a day to be thankful and I thank you for following my blog.  It helps keep me out of the  doldrums to know there are  kind people out there who will  expect me to write. One never knows how  much a kind word or action can have a positive effect  on another person.  As an example......

On Wednesday and  Sunday  KoKo and I go to my favorite Starbuck's for a latte and sometimes  a breakfast sandwich.  The employees change frequently, but some stay  long  enough  that  they remember  us.  And back in July my latte came with this  lid. It had not been a good day and this little recognition of our  existence   was a great boost.


Today an employee I don't know  decorated the lid with a turkey who has both beak and mouth. I wonder if she has ever seen a live turkey. Or this could be  a  lady in a fancy bonnet with it  tied under her chin.  A  pilgrim lady.

Anyway, these little points of connection are especially welcome and helpful in our current fraught world.  Share some kindness everyday.

#   #   #



5 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Del and KoKo! I'm thankful we became friends through our blogs and I'm always happy to see a new post from you!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving! I love your blog, Del, and have followed it for years and years, delighting in your collection of quilts ,your lovely dogs, and all the different images of friends, food and travels.
My name is Anne, and I'm eighty six ,living in the UK, a quilter , now sadly with some loss of eyesight, your posts really cheer my day , so thank you.

Loretta said...

My belated Thanksgiving greetings to you. I trust your day was delightful and full of turkey! Fondly.

Carol said...

Those Starbuck’s employees are cool!

Gunsbet said...

Your blog is a valuable resource for both beginners and experts alike.