Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Pacemaker #6 and Oceans 01-23-24

Saw the surgeon this afternoon.  Bandage removed, just the steri-strips remain.  I am cleared to do whatever I want to do.  No restrictions.  Follow  up the end of April. And then every six months, I guess until I die!   Perhaps they will have the check ups electronically and I won't have to pay $5 parking to see the doctor!!

I stopped on the way home for a Vente Latte - it was delicious with one of the cookies I bought yesterday!   I planned to take a half hour shower, but there were messages to send, KoKo's walk, warmed over dinner, and I just lost the inclination.  I will take Immanuel to school in the morning, then KoKo will take me for the morning walk, and THEN I can have a shower.  I have such an exciting life!!   But I really do feel so  much better than I have for the last 2 - 3 years.  My new primary doctor, Dr. Sidigian thought I might need a pacemaker the first time she saw me.  I saw her Thursday morning  before the implant and thanked her for the diagnosis.   And today I found out she will retire the end of January.  Bummer


 When I travel I take pictures of the ocean, even if there is nothing but water.


My laptop background.

These are stand up paddle boarders - Monterey Bay.

Pacific Ocean along I-5

Cruise ship in Monterey Bay

Acadia National Park,  Atlantic Ocean - Maine

Ebey's Landing National Historic Reserve - Washington State
Cascade Mountains, Olympics, Salish Sea.

Dana Point Harbor

#    #    #


3 comments:

Carol said...

Such great news! And I expect, no more sling! But, I can’t believe your new doctor is reti. Good grief!

abelian said...

I’m so happy the pacemaker is helping. But sad that your primary care doctor is retiring. I just switched to a new primary in December. I really like her, and I’m glad that she’s young. I hope your doctor can suggest someone for you to switch to. Dottie

Kay Taylor said...

I'm glad you're doing well! I didn't know about all this since I have not read my regular blogs for a while. I hope all continues to go well and the weather cooperates so you and Koko can get out for a walk now and then. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!