Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Working on the new year. 01-09-24

How do you see time? I've always been curious because I imagine that most people just don't have a mental image of time,  I see time in the reverse of a clock.  Although I do see the daily  passage of time as an analog clock.   I find that my brain translates a digital clock into analog clock!  I discussed this with one friend and she decided that she sees time as a ladder -  January at the top.


Here in Southern California I think of winter as Nov thru mid-March.  Spring goes through March, April, May.  Summer is June through September.. Autumn is just October and a little bit of  November. I grew up in Western Oregon and Southern California, so I have never experienced a "real" winter.

It is definitely winter here now.  Early morning temps have dropped into the 30s so KoKo and I wait until it warms up to 50F and we walk faster!  He will wear his sweater and I wear layers and cashmere socks.  I've looked at down jackets, but it seems impractical to spend over $100 on a garment I would wear only infrequently during maybe a few weeks of the year. Sometimes I am Ms. Pinchpenny.

#    #    #

No comments: