Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Home again 02-14-24

Hope you had a loving/lovely Valentine's Day.   💓  My thoughtful neighbor came with a card and bag of chocolate hearts.   But I spent the day napping and slowly putting things away.  Did  one load of laundry, but must do another load with just the clothes with dye on them. Didn't want tinted undies!   And I must start  washing out the fabric that I printed in class; it is an intensive project of many cold water rinses, several warm/hot water rinses, and, finally, hot water in the  washing machine with Synthrapol.  I have a front loader, so I'm not sure how well it will work, but that is what i  have.  Can't do everything at once, therefore it will probably be an  all day effort.

I left SDiego about 7:45am yesterday to arrive  at Nancy Ota's at  9am.  I thought  I would take KoKo to the quilt guild meeting, but Nancy suggested  we leave him at her house and I ride with her to the meeting.  It worked out fine and after the meeting we drove back to her house, loaded up KoKo's luggage, and I drove home in light afternoon traffic.  After unloading the essentials,  I  just  passed out for a  couple hours until it was time  to take KoKo for his  walk.  We strode along  quickly with my  new pacemaker showing  it's stuff.  Feels GREAT to not be dragging my body along and sitting down sometimes at all five "seats" that I have been  using.  However, I will start soon with a personal trainer to try  to build up strength.

The pictures I couldn't edit and transfer are intact. I will try to edit them and get them posted, but also have the "official" photos from the  guild meeting to edit and forward to the newsletter editor and I need to do those first.  I will talk more about Pat Pauly's workshop in the future. 

Here is KoKo helping Nancy Ota hand quilt.

#   #   #


1 comment:

abelian said...

I’m so glad to hear that the pacemaker is working well! Dottie