Sunday, February 11, 2024

Jenny Bowker quilt from TCQC 02-11-24

I have long admired Jenny's work and have several small quilts.  I took a class from her some years ago at Road to California.  Great teacher, I enjoyed the class.  



"Hot Water - Dead Sea" 2009 Jenny Bowker - Canberra, ACT, Australia 
50 cm x 150 cm (19.7"W X 59.2"L)
"As the waters of the sea increase in temperature the sea will become more acid. Corals and molluscs will be unable to form shells and the reefs will die. For a while at least, coelenterates like jelly fish will fill the seas."
Cotton fabric, wool mix batting, layered appliqué, piecing.

#    #    #



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am an admirer of Jenny's work, also. I am not surprised that there is a message in this quilt. I didn't see the jellies at first glance! Very clever.