Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Each day when we walk past this hedge the fragrance is stronger.  It is buzzing with bees who are so intent with their pollen gathering that they don't pay any attention to us.  

Nobody trims it until it covers too much of the sidewalk.

Intertwined are two different shrubs.  In the top left corner are the pale pink flowers of Raphiolepis (Indian Hawthorn). across the bottom you see the violet blooms of the plant I can never remember the name of!!!   I have been working for half an hour and can't locate it.  So, I will add it when I remember.   

Update
LANTANA!  A  very common landscape plant in SCalifornia.   Comes in many different colors and growth patterns.

Here in the center is the Raphiolepis (Indian Hawthorn) and the violet flowers (lantana) going from top left to lower right.
Spring has sprung and we shouldn't have much more rain until the light monsoon in August. 

#   #   #


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Reading this on the 31st, I think you spoke too soon about the rain. It has been coming and going for two days now (Escondido). I didn't want to walk as far as two blocks. It could be nice when I start, and pouring before I could get back. I checked the week ahead, and we're going to have very "March" weather: cold, warm, cold rain...it's crazy!