Thursday, November 15, 2007

Driving the I-5 again! 11-15-07

Yes, I drove north again - sometimes it seems like a monthly commute. This time I need to be in San Jose on Saturday for a presentation at the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles. You can read about it here at the bottom of the page:



It was an easy drive, not much traffic. And not much growing in the fields right now. The cotton has been picked and bailed, ready for the big flatbed trucks to haul it away. To the cotton gin? Rice has been planted in fields with raised edges to keep the water in, but no water as yet. The rice comes up a wonderful clear emerald green, in high contrast to the very dark brown soil in which it grows. Unfortunately, all I saw was on the west side of the highway and I couldn't take a picture directly into the sun.


I got away from Placentia late, so I ran out of daylight at least two hours before I reached San Juan Bautista. The sunset was very soft and serene. The dark cloud on the right side of the image is actually fog rolling over the coastal hills. It can be very dense and dangerous in the morning hours.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

Oh, darn. You are driving north to San Jose (where my son and his quilter-wife and grandsons live) and I am driving north up to Fairfield. I'm meeting my San Jose family at a band concert up there. Never the twain shall meet. :-(

It would have been a perfect opportunity to take my DIL to the quilt museum and have a splendid day.