Friday, November 16, 2007

A Special Day 11-16-07

What a special day! Mary and I drove over to Pacific Grove, had lunch at Pepper's and visited Back Porch Fabrics. I made my "monthly donation" and brought home a bag of wonderful fabrics, a Quilting Arts 2008 calendar and a book I have been coveting. Unfortunately the day was dreary and cold, not unusual this time of year. I always have a hard time adjusting to the switch from 90+ days in Placentia to the 50s and 60s I encounter here. But it does feel like real autumn, unlike SCalifornia where it is summer again! Hope it doesn't burn up before I return.
To access Highway 101 (a freeway at this location) we drive past a park several blocks long and there are always lots of ducks, geese, seagulls, herons, and cormorants on and around the lake and stream. I thought it was very strange to see so many Canadian Geese collected in this upstream pond. When I first saw them they were all facing one way as though they were an audience awaiting an entrance. But by the time I fumbled my camera out of my purse and pointed it in the right direction they had started to chat among themselves and turn all different ways. But it still makes a nice image.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: