Saturday, May 31, 2008

Libby Leman 05-31-08

Corky has been at "Camp Del" since Wednesday and I have been so tired I never quite get to my blog. He is home tonight, happy to be with his mom and dad. I thought I would show one more quilt from the TCQC.

"Silent Partners" 1995 Libby Lehman 35"W x 35"L

I bought this one from Libby when she was doing a guild program in my area. After the meeting I went up and asked her if any of her quilts were for sale, this one specifically, and she said yes, gave me a price and wrote up a receipt. I took it home, hung it on the wall and stared at it for a long time before I could go to sleep. I think this is such a fascinating quilt. It is just a one-patch quilt made with hand dyed fabrics. But Libby has stitched over the background patches so that it appears to be a pattern on point. No, all the patches are set square and the stitching, using rayon threads, is superimposed over them. Some of the stitching was done just on the top and some goes through the top/batting/backing.


Here is a detail showing the variety of stitches that she used.
Libby's website is http://libbylehman.us/
The quilt at the top in "Quilts for Sale" is "Skyview II: Crop Circles". I was so glad when someone bought it, because I was sorely tempted and I really couldn't afford it. I think it is just luscious.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: