Friday, September 5, 2008

Lunch in Montecito 09-03-08

I am writing at home, my Computer guru is ordering a part for the laptop and I am using an external monitor until he can install the part. I drove home from San Juan Bautista via Hwy 101 and stopped for lunch at Jeannine's in Montecito - my favorite foodie place along the way.
There are tables on the sidewalk and the porch, but the exhaust from vehicles bothers me so I always sit inside.

Where each table has some reproduction California pottery and a few flowers.

After ordering at the register the cashier hands out a number to place on the table to guide the server. It is very difficult to look at all the wonderful pastries and gorgeous mile-high cakes in the glass cases and even more difficult to not buy anything for dessert.

However, my Chicken Pesto sandwich on cibatti bread w/blue corn chips was more than enough lunch and I brought home half of the sandwich for lunch today.

I've posted about Jeannine's previously on 09-16-07 & 12-27-07.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karen said...

Del my husband and I drive up to Santa Barbara frequently to eat lunch at La Super Rica and we have passed this place occasionally when we meander home. Now that we have a review, we will have to try it. Karen

Patty ♣ said...

Hi Del,
I wish I was there right now! I love sitting outside...
Sounds like the visit was a good time!..
Ronnie loves figs too. We have a very small tree. I think there were six figs there this year. The birds, and something else, try to get them before he does each year...

meggie said...

That does look like an appetizing lunch!