Monday, December 13, 2010

Quilts with Bird images 12-13-10

Several readers have pointed out that there are a number of bird quilts in the Collection. I recognize that - but considering that I am a bird lover it seems there should be more. There are several crow quilts, an imaginary bird, a yellow-headed blackbird, a junco, a flock of hens and a rooster, some ducks and, the largest of them all, three robins from Ruth Powers of Kansas.
I talked about this quilt previously at:
"Early Birds" Ruth Powers - Carbondale, KS 2005 48"W x 39"L
Best of Show at Celebrate Spring - Chicago, April 2006
I don't look for any certain design or motif, I buy the quilts that speak to me - and that I can afford and find a place to store!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

dee said...

Just beautiful. Her work is wonderful. I've never seen a quilt by Ruth that isn't spectacular.