Saturday, April 21, 2012

A few more pictures from Empty Spools 04-21-12

Oh, dear!  They are messing around with Blogger again.  Do you suppose they are trying to get rid of all the little out ladies who must struggle to keep up with the changes? 

 
 
These top two pictures are an array of fabrics that Ruth McDowell added to her fabric library while in Pacific Grove.  My selections are still in the bag, but some are the same as hers - twenty-one years of exposure to her fabric "eye" has definitely influence mine.
 
This is the nicest "tuna can" pincushion I have seen in many a year.  It belongs to Annabelle Treacy of Hawaii.
 
Suzanne Cox is one of the owners of Empty Spools Seminars along with Gayle Wells and the now retired Diana McClun.  I will never be able to thank them enough for the great experience I have had with them at Asilomar. 
 
Geri Patterson-Kutras
Every session there is an Artist-in-Residence who has a space at the back of the large meeting hall (Merrill Hall) to hang her quilts, set up her machine and work while talking to the students who stop by. I've been in classes with Geri in past years, so it was extra special to see all she has accomplished.   
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Liked reading and seeing the pictures of your post Del.

Rayna said...

Yum fabrics. And thanks for the picture of Suzanne, with whom I have been corresponding. Look forward to meeting her when I teach at Empty Spools next March.

Corky said...

Love the fabrics. Our fabric selections around here are not to my taste. Maybe next time I'll send you $$ and let you buy for me whatever you pick for yourself!