Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Bag of Fabric 05-05-12

One of the things I really enjoy about going to Empty Spools is shopping for fabric!  The Cotton Patch of Lafayette www.quiltusa.com/  sets up shop in Merrill Hall at Asilomar, so it is easy to just stroll through, pet the fabric and pick out some that I cannot leave behind.  And there is Back Porch Fabrics in Pacific Grove www.backporchfabrics.com/   - a treasury of exciting fabrics and helpful employees.  I always go overboard - but consider, I'm there for two weeks!



The two Lonni Rossi's on the left are two different color ways. It was a pleasure to meet Lonni who was teaching at Empty Spools the first session.  Everyone I talked to who took her class was so excited - she will be teaching next year also.  These acid green stripes begged to be added to my huge collection of stripes.  The fabric on the right has a white/white background - sometimes my camera just changes colors.

The blue Australian fabric on the left with all the white dots has great possibilities - it's a little on the thin side, but I wouldn't use it in a bed quilt.  More black and white for the enormous black and white quilt I am going to make someday.  And there is the little birdies fabric, just like the piece that Suzanne Kistler bought at Paducah!  http://faithquilter.blogspot.com/2012/05/oh-goodies.html
I did also buy some BRIGHTS, but haven't taken a photo yet.

Tonight's moon didn't seem larger, but it is surely brighter.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Suzanne Kistler said...

Don't you just love those little birdies!!

It's good to be home. Thanks for showing your goodies! SO much better than tagging! ;)