Tuesday, May 1, 2012

More travel on I-5 05-01-12

There is always something interesting on I-5, even the short two hours from Placentia to San Diego.  This time of year I usually swing by The Flower Fields located off the Palomar Airport Road exit in Carlsbad, CA.
www.theflowerfields.com/


This is the display on the corner of Palomar Airport Rd and Paseo Del Norte.  Armstrong Nursery is open all year, but the Flower Fields bloom for only a month and a half or so each
 year.

  
For $11 one can walk through the flowers.  For another $5 one can ride a tractor drawn cart.

It is difficult to get a long view of the fields from outside the fence.  This image is from the parking lot and I left the cars in to give an idea of the size and location.  The flowers you see are all ranunculus.

All the other views I had were through the cyclone fence that surrounds the acreage.

Another sight along I-5 is the Morman Temple in San Diego.  The trees have grown larger so it is more difficult to catch a good image.  I like this picture because of the dark clouds behind the very white buildings and the gold statue of Maroni on the top of the right spire.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: