Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Facilities 04-25-14

A couple years ago I went to the SAQA conference in Denver; part of it was held in the Brown Plaza Palace Hotel, a long time Denver institution. Throughout the public areas they have lovely fresh flowers, carved woodwork and many other elegant things. Including an exceptional ladies room.

 
An abundance of cloth hand towels.
 
Nice soap, tissues and an elegant box....
 
 
 ...containing feminine hygiene products for emergencies.
 
"Etchings" of shoes and purses.  Blogger doesn't like this one, but won't let me erase it!
 
More shoes and purses
 
And there I am - taking a picture of me taking pictures of me taking.....etc.
 
This is a view of the gorgeous lobby where they serve tea in the afternoon.

Looking up from the lobby one sees tiers of open hallways with wrought iron panels.

And directly up from the lobby is this wonderful skylight with layers of glass.
 
 
#   #   #
 

4 comments:

Linda Morand said...

In 1965 my Grandparents took me to Colorado to see the old homestead and where they grew up. We had lunch at the Brown Plaza Hotel. Was it once called the Brown Palace? Thanks for sharing.

Del said...

You are right, Linda - and it is STILL the Brown Palace, not Plaza. Thanks for catching that and letting me know. I even Googled it and still got it wrong - old brain! Del

Carol said...

These photos bring back a wonderful memory for me, too. I had breakfast there with a friend on a very early, very snowy St. Patrick's Day, when we were at a library conference. It remains one of my all-time favorite breakfasts. I believe we were the only guests in the dining room. Everyone else was still snuggled under the covers!

Rebecca said...

Isn't it nice to have GOOD facilities when one must use "the necessary" room?

A couple thoughts on the public space pictures: the long shot with all the wrought iron made me think of Victorian corsets, etc.

I also was reminded of "Grand Budapest Hotel," which I enjoyed very much, so thank you for the smile.