Saturday, July 26, 2014

Road Trip - Indiana, Scottsbluff, NE to Rock Springs, WY 07-26-14

After driving a little more than 400 miles today I am truly too tired to blog.  I've gone to sleep twice just sitting here with my fingers on the keyboard!  So, here are a few pictures from Chimney Rock and a couple flowers.  Tonight I am in Rock Springs, Wyoming,  and will drive on I-80 to I-15 tomorrow and I'll be on my way south for home.
 
Here is the famous Chimney Rock, It stands near some bluffs which diminish its  grandeur slightly.  But imagine walking for days from the east, over the flat land currently covered in corn.


This  austere building is the visitors center, filled with drawings, photos, paintings, engravings of this rock.   The story will have to come later.  Sorry.
 


I have the faintest idea of what this flower is, or even the family it belongs to.  Anyone know?  There is a very faint silvery line on the outside edges of the leaves.

This is Gaillardia (or Blanket Flower) growing near the parking lot.  It is the only one of its kind that I could see, so I suspect it was planted or transplanted in the hope it would reseed. 

 Most of the blooms have gone to seed, so maybe there will be baby Gaillardia  all over the place next year.
#   #   #

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Don't have to hurry so enjoy at your own pace.