Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Doldrums 09-30-14

Yes, I am having a bad attack of the doldrums this week!  Just doing routine tasks and pretty much staying home.  Dinner out on Sunday with Carol and Dick Bednar at the local Greek place.  It was fun to hear about  their recent trip to London, York and Edinburgh.  They enjoy the theatre and concerts and that was a big focus of their trip.  Gilbert and Sullivan, anyone?  

I've made a few runs to Starbuck's and have been sorting out what I need for the Elizabeth Busch workshop week after next.  Of course, I have been working on the SurfsideQG newsletter, but can't work at it in long stretches or my eyes start bothering me.  The new eye  drops help, but they aren't the solution to the problem. 

I always think of Corky when I go to Starbuck's.  He loved having a "puppachino", which is just a small cup about half full of whipped cream.  He would get it all over his fuzzy face and then object when I tried to wipe it off.  They still offer puppachinos at Starbuck's - if you have your pooch with you when you drive through, just ask for one.  They used to give doggie treats, but then those from China were discovered to have bad ingredients and Starbuck's immediately stopped giving them out.  We wouldn't let Corky have them anyway and always carried some from home.
#   #   #

5 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I hope your spirits lift soon. I didn't know about the doggie drinks!

Deborah Boschert said...

I did not know about puppachinos! Lincoln would love that. I'm sorry you're feeling blue. Hang in there... everything cycles, right?

Loretta said...

Good Morning, If the temperature is reasonable, a stroll through my favorite park with a stop to draw the grasses or leaves along with some very deep breaths inhaling new life has always aided me out of the doldrums! Take care. Hugs L

Suzanne Kistler said...

So sorry to hear that you're missing your Corky and feeling glum. Maybe stroking some fabric would help? Take care, Del.

Quiltedtime said...

Just focus on that fantastic workshop you will be attending. I would lo e to go to that.

Pets are such a blessing. It is so difficult when they pass on. I was just missing my Courtney kitty today.