Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Missing you 09-16-14

I miss my friends when I go on a Road Trip and I miss them when they go on vacation.  Lots of September trips this year for everyone but me!  Liz has been in the eastern Sierra for a month and returned on Saturday, Carol and Dick are in Great Britain, Terry is in Spain, Karen is in New York, etc.   It is magical to find a post from "abroad" or receive a phone call
from some place in the vast USA.   Our electronic world both connects us and disconnects us. I hope everyone is having a good experience and comes home safe and happy.

I'm starting a new edition of the Surfside QGuild newsletter - October already.  I will include information about the upcoming November Fest where we offer a quilt auction (both new and vintage quilts), raffle baskets, lots of visiting and LUNCH!  It is our big fund raiser of the year and you can came and enjoy the festivities.  It will be on Tuesday, November 11th at 10am.  Our meeting place is San Clemente Presbyterian Church which is just off the I-5 between La Palizada and Avenida Presidio.   Hope you will consider joining us. 

 This is a new quilt made just for our live auction.

This is one of the vintage quilts.  It is in excellent condition.
Probably 1920 - 1940.
 
#   #   #
 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Del, Dick and I are on the train to York. Wish you were with us! 75 degrees in London.