Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mary Lou Weidman 04-14-15

Mary Lou Weidman presented the program at Surfside Quilters Guild in San Clemente, CA, today.  She is a dynamic and humorous speaker who I highly recommend for any guild - traditional or art. She speaks extemporaneously and does a trunk show of some of her quilts.  I'm taking her workshop tomorrow. 


This quilt is a sampler for her "Flower Power" workshop, the one she will teach tomorrow.




Many of her quilts have "critters" in them - like this crazy chicken.
 
Thia is "Duck, Duck, Moose" one of the new patterns in her latest book.
 
And here is an entire town of houses done as part of a group who exchanged house and tree blocks.
 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Karen Rips said...

I think I took my first art quilt class with MaryLou. I remember her humor

Loretta said...

I love the whimsy of her quilts ... and look forward to your new quilt!