Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Garden Wall 04-12-15

I drove to San Diego again today to a meeting of a small group I belong to.  The ocean was hazy and the sky not very clear - no views of Santa Catalina Island today. 
 
After our meeting we went to lunch at "The Patio", a dog friendly restaurant near the home of the hostess.  I wasn't  impressed with the food, but across the back of the room is a garden wall.  This type of living décor was popular several decades ago, but I haven't seen one for years - perhaps they are coming back into style. 
 
This one is well cared for and has a great variety of plants.

I won't identify everything but among the plants are:
Boston fern, orchids (white), philodendrons, bromeliads,

..... pitcher plant, more bromeliads, asparagus fern.
 

This is looking up at the skylight which seems to provide perfect light for this display.

Several beautifully marked dieffenbachia.
Very impressive for such a small restaurant.
#   #   #

1 comment:

mehitabel said...

Love that effect, with all the plants on the wall and up over the top. Reminds me a lot of a very tiny restaurant just off Sloane Square in London, which had a basement patio with a very similar effect. Quite charming! I wish I had the skill to make a quilt that looked like that!