Saturday, May 9, 2015

Another day on the Road 05-09-15

I am in San Juan Bautista tonight with Mary and Joe and plan to  stay tomorrow night also.  This will, I hope give me time to go through and edit pictures and do a grand finale on this Road Trip.   Or I might photograph some of the little quilts from the SAQA silent auction and post some.   I'll see what tomorrow brings.
 
Leaving from Yreka I was still north of Shasta so took quite a few pictures, as I drove south, of the mountain unencumbered by clouds.  Also to the west was the snow topped Castle Crags area and they appeared to have fresh snow from the previous night's storm. 

This is the best one of Shasta and you can see how little snow there is - looks more like August than early May.

And here is the final view for this trip, I hope I am able to drive up to the Pacific Northwest again during 2015. 

I usually take a picture of my vehicle - just to prove I was on the trip!  This is at the Dunsmuir City Park which I will talk about more, maybe tomorrow.

I couldn't get a good picture of myself with the self timer, so I asked some ladies who were going off on a hike to take my picture.  I didn't realize I would have a tree growing out of my head.  But, oh well, it proves I was there...  with my vehicle.

Saw a number of robins and this one stopped to pose for me.  Sweet.
#   #   #

No comments: