Tuesday, May 5, 2015

In Northern Washington 05-05-15

I drove on up to visit friends in Mt Vernon, WA, and discovered I could not get online at their house.  Tried everything I could think of and am now at the local Starbuck's hoping they don't close before I am finished with this blog post.    Oh, oh - she  says 10 minutes.  

Still in Portland I wondered what kind of a tree has purple leaves.  This is directly out the window at room 1350.

I think the rust colored trees are copper beeches.

Of course, my most favorite trees are the shaggy Douglas Firs

There are spring blossoming trees blooming all along I-5 in Washington.

And many trees just leafing out in their spring finery.

There is more Scotch broom than I have ever seen  before.  On the dashboard I always have little bits of vegetation, stones, shells, etc.  It drove my late husband nuts!

And then there was the Mattress Ranch on an access road along I-5.  Something about buying a mattress from a store with cows, horses and pigs doesn't appeal to me.


I missed the sign that said 60 acres for sale.  I wonder if the entire 60 acres is covered with Scotch broom and Douglas Firs.
. 
e

Even the entrance to the military base is engulfed in Scotch broom.  


Lots of daisies along the way.  This photo was from an exit I made to stop for gas.

About Seattle the sun came out and there were beautiful clouds in a very blue sky.


I groaned when I saw this sign, but turned onto the Express lanes and came out on I-5 above the wreck.  Phew!
 
Starbucks is closing so I must end.  More tomorrow sometime.
 

No comments: