Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Clouds, but no rain.

We do have clouds in SCalfornia, they just don't seem as spectacular as those in Montana or the wide open prairie in the center of the country. 
 
This is looking out over the blue Pacific with the clouds and fog on the horizon.
 
This is in Anaheim, about a mile from where I live and shows the storm clouds on the San Gabriel Mountains.
 
Clouds in Montana.
 
We would like to have some clouds that drop a nice gentle rain that would soak into the very dry soil.  My lawn is almost dead and I have to wait until 8pm to water anything in my yard - mostly the roses and the crepe myrtle tree in the parkway.
#   #   # 
 
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

This drought is challenging, isn't it? Deciding which plant makes it through and which does not!!! I'm using 'intro' shower water, grey water as reasonable to catch, but the best so far is the gallon or two each morning from the drips from my window air conditioner!!! I must confess I do drip weekly the shrubs in the front of the house, but the lawns are a dry gray-brown. Funny though, some weeds are making it through!!! Let's hope the el nino forecast is correct and we have rain this winter, but also let's pray that it is not so much rain that it will cause loss of life and huge damage to our lands! Take care, stay well, and water intermittently and wisely!!!