Friday, October 28, 2016

A Correction and fabric from Back Porch Fabrics. 10-28-16

A CORRECTION:  I used the wrong name for the wonderful appliqued India tree I post on 10-09-16.  The artist's name is Caroline Higgs, not Riggs, and her website is https://carolinehiggs.me/   I believe she lives in England.  

While I was in SJBautista I drove over to Pacific Grove for a fabric fix at Back Porch Fabrics, which is the best fabric shop I have ever been in.  Owner Gail Abeloe has an eye for fabrics and she keeps them moving with a stunnding discount table.  If you are anywhere near, do stop by and see what is on offer.  She also has a great selection of books, worth a look. 

I bought fabrics for myself and to send to a friend who lives in a remote area.  
   
A selection of six fabrics, including one light.  Ruth McDowell always says to buy at least one light!  I suppose the white with brown flowers could pass as a light also.  The seagulls are definitely for me - for that someday bird quilt.  The black and white would make a good border for something.

This one is titled "If you like Pina Coladas" by Rosewood Organics exclusively for Frond Design Studios.   Half of the length is the palm fronds and the other half the ocean.  So, I turned back the gold corner to show both sides. 

This is from Cosmo Textile Co, Japan  www.cosmo-tex.co.jp  When I first looked at it I didn't see the animals.  There is a mouse on the bottom, a bird at upper left and a fox next to the bird.  Also bunnies and what I think is a  horse and maybe a fish.  A really interesting print.

This one was on the sale table.  Called "Cachet" and designed for Benartex.  www.benartex.com   I like those flower centers.
 
Do I NEED more fabric?  NO.  I have another lifetime worth, but I am weak and cannot resist.
#   #   #

No comments: