Thursday, March 23, 2017

Looking back 03-23-17

This is a quilt I made in 2005 - one of my few attempts at abstract design.  I rather like the way it turned out.  It was based on Sue Benner's techniques and has her finish on the edges.   I was reminded of this quilt now because I was taking a Sue Benner class in abstraction and because I ran into the owner of the quilt.  She says she still enjoys it after so many years.  And I still like it, too.
 
"Underview"  Del Thomas 2005  17" square
Fused using silk, polyester, cotton, rayon fabrics.  Machine quilted. 

 
The yellow/white/orange fabric had a manufacture's splice and I just left it in.  Such a brave thing for me to do!  But there was a limited amount of that fabric.  Guess we could call it texture. 
 
The bird is on the back outlined with black fabric marker.
 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Love your quilts Del.
Also, saw the present Visions exhibit. Beautiful!