Thursday, April 27, 2017

Palm trees in bloom 04-27-17

There are over 3000 different types of palm trees in the world - that we know of, anyway.  They are so varied that some don't even seem like they would be called palms.  I have no idea which variety this one is, but I was delighted with the waterfall effect of the dying blossoms. 
 
This is the fully opened and partially dried blossom.

Closer view.

Closest view.

This is the blossom when it first breaks from the sheath - see how pink it is.
 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

'Twas just a couple days ago I was marveling at a palm. I thought there were baskets of cascading plants in a tree, when I realized they were at the ends of very thick branches, and part of the tree! It looked a lot like your pictures here, but several bunches.

What a big family palms have.