Friday, July 28, 2017

Thursday Threads 07-27-17

Here is another quilt from my past.  But one I liked a lot.  I made it for special Fabri-Quilt exhibit at Spring Market 2005.  I was then a member of the now defunct "Kansas Art Quilters" who accepted long-distance members.  It was a great group, but living in CA I never made it to a meeting, although I did meet some of the ladies when I was visiting in Kansas.   
 
Four Dwellings   Del Thomas  24“ Sq.   April 2005
Machine pieced and quilted.  No pattern, just cut and sew.
The people are pieced using large polka dots for the heads.  

I even liked the back!  It was a time when quilters were discovering that backs as well as fronts could be colorful and decorative . 

This photo shows the binding where I inserted a sort of piping made from the frayed edge of a solid yellow fabric. 

Why, oh why didn't I line the label so that it was readable?  Lesson learned.
#   #   #

3 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Love it and love the back art. Really enjoy seeing the things YOU have created.

Loretta said...

Like Kay, I enjoy seeing your work from the past -- always fun for the eyes and inspirational. Love the inserted frayed piping border...an idea for my "quilting life list!"

Beverly said...

Love the bright colors and wonky piecing!