Saturday, October 28, 2017

Sorry, not tonight 10-28-17

Oh, Dear!  I guess I will have to give up on those fast round trips in just a few days.  I have been wiped out today and have not been able to get through the pictures I took on the way home.  Since they were strictly point & shoot whilst driving I had to dump about half of them.  But I wanted to show you the difference in the two routes - I-5 and Hwy 101.  Very different drives.  So, I will work on them tomorrow after meeting friend Liz for coffee.  I'll take KoKo in his stroller so he can have his fill of staring at everyone and everything.  As long as no other dogs are around he is happy in the stroller, but I keep the leash tightly in my hand in case another dog comes into the area. 

Here are some pictures from Mary's area above San Juan Bautista.
There are two redbud trees close to the house and they are lovely in the fall.  Almost gone by now though. 

Those heart shaped yellow leaves are enchanting.

This the front yard - just California Live Oaks and fallen leaves.

The tree by the driveway that Mary immortalized in a quilt which is in the TCQC.

The native Toyon trees are covered with red berries in the winter - very Christmasy.

And right beside them are masses of poison oak which has such beautiful colored leaves in the fall and winter.  But beware - it really is poison, don't touch.

The madrone trees do very well in this area, but they are a short lived tree.  Fortunately they leave many tiny trees growing when they die.

Buckeye trees are plentiful, growing wild. See the buckeyes hanging in the top right quadrant of the picture.
 

And here they are in close up.

This is the motel down at the bottom of the hill, right on CA156 Hwy.

The locals call it the "Bumpy Motel" because of this peculiar stucco surface.
#   #   #

No comments: