Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday Food 10-26-18

When I was a Poodle Nanny to Corky I would frequently go down to Long Beach to care for him.  And I loved going to Whole Foods on Pacific Coast Hwy to shop for exotic foods.  It is more expensive, but I didn't mind splurging now and then to try something new.  In 2012 this was one of my favorite to-go dinners. 

Thanks to Kali the Baking Goddess (whoever she might be) I enjoyed these delicious crackers. 


They were always really crispy, I suppose because they were packed with a Desi Pak. 

And the seafood chowder was fantastic.  Helped by the fact that I would never spend the time or money to make it just for myself.  

When Corky went over the Rainbow Bridge I slowly stopped going to Long Beach.  But Whole Foods built a store in Brea, diagonally across the intersection from my closest Starbuck's drive-thru.   Wow, I thought I would shop there all the time.  But it has been several years and I have only been twice.  It is an enormous store and they have music all the time - LOUD music that is not something I would ever listen to by choice.  Not long ago I was in Long Beach and stopped into the Whole Foods I once haunted, it is the same calm, fascinating, quiet place it always was.  How can two stores be so different?  I'll try Whole Foods - Brea again one of these days, just to see if I am mistaken, but I imagine I will still find it vast and way too noisy.  Perhaps that is why I find people who hate Whole Foods.  They just haven't hit on the right location.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I love Whole Foods! Wish we had one.