Thursday, October 25, 2018

What was happening ten years ago in October 2008? 10-25-18

A new digital camera came into my life about this time and I was very engaged in what it could do.  So, I tried the telephoto and the wide angle and the video and...  well, everything I could try.  And I read about Camera Tossing which was interesting, but I was afraid I would smash my camera because I'm not very good at tossing and catching.  So, one night when I was driving north on I-5 toward San Juan Batista I decided to just try holding the camera up and let the movement of the car jiggle it.  I was surprised at the results and rather pleased.  I think I must have taken several dozen images, some of which I delete because they were not good at all.  But I still have some in my photo files.  These are from October 2008.  I have wondered how they would turn out if I had them printed by Spoonflower or one of the other fabric-on-demand printers.  Any thoughts?  





This is inside the car - the spiky blue half circle is the speedometer.

This looks like a herd of something crossing the roadway.  Seals on the right, but cloven hooves on the bottom.  Maybe a quilting design? 

#   #   #

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I would try Spoonflower, and play with their multiplication effect. My friend has scanned some of her watercolors multiple them and had them printed really different and stunning pieces of fabric. I myself use spoonflower a lot but I have photos printed large and then stitch them as whole cloth quilts. Lately I am having prints done on chiffon and playing with the transparency.

Loretta said...

Lots of food for quilting!!! Have fun!

Dolores said...

These are so cool!! Yes, try Spoonflower. XX

Rebecca said...

Yes, that could be not just fun, but give you something good. I can visualize the third one with an offset repeat. I wonder if they let you radiate (or otherwise rotate) the design?