Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Fusing and then sewing again. 12-05-18

I am trying to resurrect my sewing skills after a couple years hiatus.  It is difficult; I keep telling myself , "I know how to do this.", but my brain is a muddle.  This time I am working on four fiber postcards which I will give as gifts.  I MUST finish them tomorrow.  Oh, dear, what a procrastinator I am.  But the biggest problem is KoKo who is so "indulged" that he won't leave me alone to get on with my work.  I decided to try putting him up on the table so maybe he would go to sleep.  He did, but, unfortunately, he wants to sleep where my hands are!  After I put him down he curled up near my feet so I couldn't move without waking him.  And starting all over again.  Up on the table, sleep on my work, down on the floor, go to sleep on my feet.  My only option is to put him in the guest bathroom, which seems cruel as it isn't a room he is familiar with.  But I may have to try that tomorrow. 


 Backing fused to batting and spaces lined off.  Birds cut out and tested for size. 

KoKo wondering what to do now. 
The cardboard box has layers of boxes with fused scraps. 

 Ah, yes, stretch out on the project and take a nap.  

Lifted to the right side so I can access at least part of the project.  
The iron is not on.  

It has rained off and on all day - perfectly wonderful!  Hope it continues tomorrow. 
#   #   #

2 comments:

sonja said...

it is good to have fur helpers even if they pester you, right?
KoKo loves you. And to put it in the words of my cat Ruby,
" everything here is mine!!"

Loretta said...

Persevere with your projects and KoKo will eventually understand you'll catch up with his needs in just a short time. Good luck. P.S. I'm so glad you're working again. I look forward to seeing your finished projects.