Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Playing with blocks 03-19-19

These sixteen 10" blocks were in Toni's stash and I set them aside thinking I would try to do something for philanthropy.  Since my cutting table was bare, an unusual occurrence, I spread them out and have been moving them around for a few days.  Hoping to come up with a bed sized quilt, I worked out this configuration, but find it somewhat disturbing. 

Fifteen blocks set three by four.  Toni's sticky notes with numbers and letters are still attached, but I couldn't figure out which way the letters and numbers went.  Not the way I mark settings. 

I moved the blocks around again and again and finally came up with this setting, which is sixteen blocks set four by four.  I tried to not put rings of the same fabric together, but there are five of one fabric instead of four.  Wonder if there were more blocks originally.  I think this is the best I can do.  Will it be a table topper?  Or should I find something to add borders to make it a bed quilt?  Doubt if I can find any of the same fabrics as they are five or six years old.  But considering the age of my fabric library, maybe I can!

I was disappointed that I didn't receive some kudos for figuring out how to put new pictures on this blog.  Maybe you will be more impressed when I figure it out the next time.  These are from my cell phone and I don't know how to edit them.  Last night I used photos from my Cannon camera and did minimal editing.  I'll learn - eventually.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt your pain as you were trying to get photos on your blog. I also have had problems and came up with a work around but I am not satisfied with the look of my posts.