Monday, March 18, 2019

South on I-5 to Oceanside 03-18-19

Today I drove south on I-5 to have lunch with friends in San Clemente and afterward south to Oceanside for an errand.  I thought I would take pictures of the wildflowers on the northward journey home, but a dense fog rolled in from the ocean and everything was blurred or blocked out completely. 

Here are a few pictures I took on the way down.  I have been "playing"  with them for an hour and managed to do some editing and to get them this far.  They are not great pictures, so I figured if I lost or ruined them it wouldn't be a big deal  So, at last I know there is a way to post pictures on my blog now, but will I ever be able to do it again?  Dunno!

View toward ocean (the medium blue in the middle of image) over the training "town" at Camp Pendleton.  Fields of wild mustard. 

But mostly sage/scrub with just a few flowers.  The ocean is the medium blue between the sky and the land. 

Looking to the northeast near San Onofre.

There are many electric towers coming out of San Onofre, but the nuclear power plant is inactive. 

Wild mustard is prolific in this area on both sides of I-5.  The lighter triangle at bottom right is a reflection on the side window of the car.  

Not a very stimulating post and some lousy images, but I DID IT.  Now to see if I can do it again.  ….and again.    ….and again! 
#   #   #

2 comments:

sonja said...

is it not time of the poppy explosion along the coastal mountains? i spent my "wonder years" in the area below the grapevine, 00, amd saw someone's post with people parking along the off ramps to take selfies with nature. sometimes i wonder if i have almost outlived common sense and overpopulation and most of the social formats except blog which i feel is as much a diary for my records as sharing.

Loretta said...

My computer system has been on the fritz and I'm spending my time fixing!! I missed your photos this week until today's. I've been wanting to hit the road to see wild flowers but as of today I've not gotten to it...perhaps I'll go north to Napa/Sonoma this weekend and catch some flowers there. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date with I-5!