Friday, May 17, 2019

Landscape roses 05-16-19


I don't remember when landscape roses first appeared in my area, I suppose at least a decade ago.  Since then they have been extensively planted as they require no pruning or deadheading.  They cover entire hillsides and white is the most common color.  These pictures are taken on our walks in the neighborhood.  I actually took four, but for some unknown reason, my phone doesn't always actually take the picture or maybe it doesn't save it.  I'll figure it out one of these days.  

One problem I have with these rose bushes is that the flowers all deteriorate at the same time and for a while they look really scruffy.  And then another bloom comes on.  Great piles of white like snowdrifts and the spent petals blowing over the green lawns.  Quite lovely. 

#   #   #