Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday Food 07-12-19

KoKo and I are going on a road trip to Washington state.  I haven't figured out how I will eat since restaurants don't usually allow dogs and I can't leave him in the car if it is hot.  But I can always find a drive-thru take out if I am very, very hungry and run out of cheese, crackers, and fruit.  

Before we go I need to get down to H-2-O, my favorite pokey bowl spot in Irvine.  I have tried many others, but I particularly enjoy this one spot. 


While in Washington I will be in Coupeville on Whidbey Island for a class with Sue Benner.  When I was there in 2013 I had this wonder salmon salad at Christopher's.  I hope they are still open and still offer this great salad.  Some places are so good that they stay in my mind forever! 

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Seems sometimes Google doesn't get my messages to you!
Have yourself a wonderful time in Coupeville on Whidbey Island and at Sue Benner's workshop. I look forward to watching your project's progress. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation...I'm looking forward to my workshop week with Wen Redmond and my stay on Whidbey. Travel safe my friend.

Sherrie Spangler said...

I had some truly memorable Penn Cove mussels at Christopher's many years ago. I don't know if it's still there. Trivia: Coupeville was used in the filming of "Practical Magic." Here's a link:https://whidbeycamanoislands.com/coupeville-the-home-to-practical-magic/ Maybe you could watch it while you're there!