Saturday, July 20, 2019

I survived the 9 hours behind the wheel 07-20-19

Such a trip!  I've driven I-5 (and US-99 before I-5 existed) dozens of times, maybe even forty times before, but the traffic this time was just astounding.  I'm glad we are here at Mabel and Mac's peaceful house with the fabulous woodland to enjoy out the large windows on the back of the house.  They seat me at the table so I can look out and relax.

KoKo seems to be acclimating okay.  He will take Froggie to Mac or Mabel to throw for him and he doesn't seem to have any desire to run outside.  He had his two walks up the street and around the curve and did his business just like usual.  And we walked out back in the woods a bit in the afternoon.  All with his harness and leash, of course.  

Washington rabbits are not very skittish.  We passed this one when we were walking downhill and it was still sitting there when we came back.  Didn't seem to mind KoKo until we were within about five feet, then it took off.  And KoKo was only mildly interested in the rabbit. 

I cropped this picture, much lighter color than Placentia rabbits. 

KoKo waiting patiently along the road while I take pictures.  Douglas Fir trees and Cedars in the background fill the lots around the houses.  

And now it is time to sleep again (the vet told me that is the dog's job).  Froggie is on the bed also, but he is very tired because he had more extensive surgery this evening.  Poor guy there is almost nothing left to sew to, he now requires under "skin" to  close up the holes.  

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

What a trip!!! Fortunately you have wonderful friends along the way and KoKo is being a trouper! Well, both of you are. What is the story with the traffic do you suppose? Only construction? Soon you'll be dyeing with Sue and all traffic will be forgotten. My hope is your trip home is gentler! Take care.

Carol said...

So happy you and KoKo made it! Guess we are not the only ones with traffic!l. It’s wonderful that KoKo is adapting to Mabel’s and that you can leave him there! Miss you.