Sunday, July 21, 2019

In Coupeville, WA on lovely Whidby Island 07-21-19

Have arrived at Garden Isle motel (actually little cabins) where I have stayed before.  It has new owners and the guy is very personable and helpful, but the property seems a little rundown.  Maybe it is the time of year as I missed the springtime blooms. I am in Cabin 1 as the cabin I used before is occupied by a honeymoon couple who married here on Saturday.  So glad each cabin is free standing.  

I am reclined on the wide love seat just to the right of the outside door with my legs up on the arm.  So, this is what one sees when entering and looking to the left at the kitchen area.

Pan to the right and there is the door to the toilet/shower room - very tiny.  And the vanity with wash basin.  On far right is closet with TV (and hat bag) on top. 

Veranda doors to the deck open to the wonderful clean air and 75F.
A huge "feather" bed at the foot of the bed. 

The headboard with six very large pillows before they were delegated to a corner behind the love seat.  Notice the one with the puckers, it is a very loose pillow cover. 

And Del, still reclining on the love seat showing all the wear and tear of the last week.  Hat hair and all. 

The front door on the right and the love seat with the "feather bed" piled on it.   All the pillows are piled in the corner and my "Autumn Grid" quilt is on the bed along with my personal pillow in one of Mary's pillow casesl  
So, I am set for the night.  Tomorrow the class, hope I am adequately supplied.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thank you for the introduction to my room/cabin! Seems it will be quite comfortable especially after a long and exciting day at class. Seeing and enjoying the air of the out of doors will be a treat...and the temperature seems quite pleasant. You deserve the rest and comfort of a plush love seat after your days of driving. My Waves app doesn't show any construction or blockage on I-5. Hummmmm! I'll see what it says when I start my drive. I hope you've having a fun day today.