Friday, August 16, 2019

Friday Food 08-16-19

Doesn't look fancy, but was it ever delicious. I promised my friend I wouldn't identify her for making such a plain dinner, but it was perfect for someone who had been on the road for a few days and needed just this repast.  Meatloaf (which I never seem to make at home), fluffy rice, a lovely green salad, a glass of lactose free milk and cookies for dessert. Yum! 

In Mt Vernon, WA, Mabel invited some mutual friends for lunch and served this fantastic apple salad.  I finished off the rest before I left her house!  She shared the recipe and I made it yesterday for dinner, adding a little chopped chicken for my protein requirement.  It is even better the next day and I had some for lunch today.  

While I was in Coupeville, WA, for the class I went out to dinner at Christopher's twice.  I've already posted about the mussels, but the first night I was there I had salmon at Christopher's.  It came with rice and mushrooms, a couple green beans and carrots and some sprouts.  I even had a glass of wine because my motel is only three doors away and I walked.  It was a perfect dinner.  So much so that I had to pass on dessert, although I did read the dessert menu and think that alone is fattening!   
#   #   #

  

No comments: