Sunday, November 10, 2019

Re-visiting a quilt by Beth Miller of Austrlia 11-10-19

I know I haven't posted the rest of the quilts from the SAQA auction, but I will try to do it next Sunday.  Life has sort of gotten away from me this last month. 

Australian quilt in TCQC 01-15-17

This quilt was part of the Long Beach quilt show in 2009.  It immediately reminded me of a trip to Australia I took in 1972 where I saw sunsets like this one and baobab trees in silhouette.  And, of course, orange is one of my favorite colors.  So, I bought it. 
 
Kimberly Sunset  Beth Miller - Australia 2006 32"W x 50"L
Fused raw edge applique, machine quilted.
 



 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Oh my, a stunning little quilt. I too love orange and when its presented with purple....I think that combo is perfect. The line and design of the tree and its lovely branching and quilting makes this very special indeed. thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hope it was 'nice life' getting in the way, Del. Love your little quilt.
Best wishes