Sunday, February 21, 2021

KoKo post 02-21-21

KoKo is my housemate and keeps me sane.  He needs to be fed, loved, bathed, walked, pottyed, brushed, bathed, and entertained.  In turn he entertains me, keeps me moving, snuggles at night, and listens intently to everything I say.  He is the perfect housemate.

KoKo likes to walk the wall in the backyard.  It overlooks, a weed grown slope, a metal fence, a gravel road that belongs to the water company, a flood control channel, a chain link fence, a block wall and a tract of "garden" homes.  The taller buildings are apartments on a parallel road.  The other end of our yard overlooks a park that is little used - mostly lovers, dog walkers, and guys tossing footballs or frisbees.  
 
Today was bath day and KoKo is now squeaky clean and curled up in his bed with his best friend, Froggy.  Froggy is going to have some shoulder replacement surgery, necessary to keep his arms from falling off!  I don't know quite how to do it, but some artificial joints may be necessary.  Poor guy, I'll bet he has more surgical scars than any frog on record.  He is the same age as KoKo, seven years old on May 20.  Old for a doggy's froggy, eh?

Tomorrow I have a date for my 2nd vaccine.  Fingers crossed for no side effects. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I didn't realize Froggy was the same age as Koko! I am glad you can keep each other company. I am glad you have your second vaccine scheduled.