Thursday, April 22, 2021

Flowers, KoKo, Lunch, Doctor! 04-22-21

Quite a busy day for me.  Started out with our walk in the almost drizzly morning.  It was only mid 50s at 9am, but it didn't actually rain.  Then off to see my primary doctor, taking a list of multiple "problems" and "questions" and the BP recordings for the last two months.  I haven't managed every day, but usually remember to do it twice a day.  Doc says they look normal, but also that I need to continue taking the meds (Plavix, Lasix, Amlodipine) for the rest of my life!  I may have to consult a heart doctor one of these days.  She adjusted some of my other meds, told me to take more Vit D and gave me a printed sheet with instructions for "sleep hygiene".  I'll have to read it.  

As is my habit, I did not eat or drink before going to see her, in case blood tests were needed. So, as I frequently do, I ate out.  Haven't done that for a year except for Starbuck's.  This time I went to one of my old favorites, Kimmee's in Orange.  The city has the street blocked to provide outdoor dining for all the restaurants in the block, but it was too chilly to sit out and I enjoyed my old favorite table in the front window which is a tight squeeze for two, but just right for one chubby person.  

These are the condiments on the table with the new addition of a dispenser of hand sanitizer.  Since I haven't been eating out I had not seen that before.  A sign of the times. 

I stopped at the PO and Credit Union so I was gone for almost three hours and KoKo was beside himself.  I suspect he mostly just sleeps when I am gone, except for protecting the house from the mailman, who he actually likes if I let him out on the porch.  But KoKo wants me to sit down and throw Froggy for him.  Here he is upside down in my lap.  Shows his under bite very well. 

Lots of iris still blooming.  This bright yellow one is new.  Very pretty.  My mother would have liked it, she was fond of iris and grew many different colors. 


This was her favorite color, sort of a peach and rust.  This was made from a Ruth B. McDowell pattern in her book "Pieced Flowers".  I machine pieced and quilted it in 2005 in honor of my mother's 100 birthday.  She died in 1972.  

I didn't take pictures of my brunch because it was a big quesadilla and it just looked like a big tortilla on a plate.  Not photogenic at all.  I brought home half of it and had it for dinner with a salad tonight.  Tasty if not exciting!

#   #   #



 

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That yellow iris is so pretty. I have white iris blooming in my yard this week.