Thursday, January 27, 2022

Grasses 01-27-22

Grasses can be so graceful and colorful.  I frequently take pictures of them, as you saw in yesterday's blog.  This is a quilt I made for the SAQA 12X12 auction in 2007.  I almost wished I didn't have to give it to them, but it did sell and made a few hundred dollars for the organization.  


"The Grasses Return"  Del Thomas - California  2007  12" X 12"
Cotton and silk fabrics, cotton thread, metallic thread, Wonder Under
Fused, machine quilted.

DETAIL  Upper left.

Back with sleeve and label.  Facing instead of binding. 


Label.  This is where the bird is. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Beautiful....gorgeous colors...very grassy looking. I do wish I knew you many, many years ago when you were doing your beautiful and imaginative quilting. I love your now and again quilts you are doing of late, but they seem to be few and far between! I hope I encourage you to do a little more!
Take care and stay well.