Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday foot AND Food from January 2012 01-28-22

Looking back ten years - seems like it is longer ago than that.  But on the other hand, has it really been ten years?  There was a lot more going on back then, who could have expected Covid and self isolating?  



One morning I got out of bed and could not walk on my left foot.  i hobbled to the doctor and discovered that my lower leg was fractured.  Nobody knows why!  The doctor says this sometimes happens, I might have stepped off a curb wrong, but it didn't start hurting until I was off my feet during the night and it started to swell.  Who knows!  Anyway, I had to wear this brace, but could take it off to get my pants on and off or take a shower.  Seems like I wore it for about six weeks.  I also started treatment for osteopena.  

I was a "poodle nanny" then and took care of a lovely little guy in Long Beach.  When I was staying there I frequented Whole Foods.  It is on the corner of PCH and 2nd Street and I was just fascinated.  All those different foods and a deli besides.  

This was corn "stew" and delicious.

And I discovered these extravagant crackers. $$$$

So crispy and tasty with cheese and several different seeds on top.  
I may have to visit my local Whole Foods since I have remembered how tasty these are.  

#   #   #

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those crackers do look delicious. I found a recipe online but they don't look the same.

Martha Ginn said...

I'm glad that boot-brace was 10 years ago and not this week! I'm needing to get some more shoe liners from the ortho dr to manage my bunions and hammertoes since I was never willing to have the surgery. Ugly shoes are a lifesaver and keep me going. We don't have a Whole Foods store, but there are plenty of temptations at my Breadsmith store. Their 100% whole wheat loaf is essential and they keep me on their list to call when they have supply problems.