Thursday, April 6, 2023

A down time! 04-06-23

It has been a slowwww time since I came back from Empty Spools a week ago.  I very much over extended myself to go and to return so I was wiped out and just wanted to sleep.  Which I did - one night I did ten hours, with several woozy trips to the bathroom.  Dogs sleep a lot, so KoKo wasn't bothered.  As long as he had his meals and two walks a day he was happy I was home and he could just sleep in my lap.  During my trip my right shoulder started giving me trouble, perhaps the old rotator cuff injury, but Heidi, who gives massages at Empty Spools, thought I might have a tear.   Once I relaxed at home the pain was worse and I could hardly use my right arm.  Perhaps that is why all the sewing equipment has not been unpacked and put in place.  I also had a car problem - "check engine light" lit up while I was still going north on I-5.  I called my mechanic in Placentia and explained, he said it was okay to drive as long as the light wasn't flashing.  So, I drove it around PGrove a bit and after class on Wednesday went to a mechanic in PGrove.  He ran the computer test and said it was the catalytic converter and okay to drive home - unless the light started flashing!!  I was nervous, but made it home without a problem.  However, I had to skip the meeting in San Diego on Saturday, although I doubt I was physically capable of doing that 2+ hours down and 2+ hours home.  Sooooo tired!  The local mechanic could book me on Tuesday, so I was without a car Tuesday and Wednesday.  I took a few naps.  The physical therapist worked on my shoulder and gave me some exercises specifically for that.  They have worked quite well and I have not made an orthopedic appointment.  Hoping that I can just use heat and exercises to make it well again.  All this has kept me off the computer and not blogging for all these days.  I am still working at editing the pictures, which has been painful just sitting and balancing my arm so that the shoulder doesn't hurt.  I am a complete Tylenol junkie now.  I will continue to whittle away at the editing and post about the trip and the class.  Bear with me, please.  

Here is the super Sue Benner teaching.  She looked extra sharp this day with black boots, B&W polka dot tights, very short black skirt, black top, black sweater, B&W Jane Sassaman silk scarf and  her funky hairdo.  A classy lady and an excellent teacher. . 

#   #   #

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Del rest up friend. Tine to lie low for a bit and think up plans for spring revelry. Healing thoughts coming your way.

Loretta said...

Good Morning, Mary Ann is correct and saying you should rest and take it easy and ready yourself and KoKo for your spring outings. You and I are not getting any younger and it takes me extra time to recover from anything it seems. Just ready and rest and take KoKo for his walks. That should be sufficient for the moment. Please take care.

abelian said...

I’m glad the physical therapist’s exercises are helping, and I hope you won’t need to see the orthopedist. Take it easy! It’s nice to see Sue Benner’s photo. She looks as classy as she did when I took her course long ago. But a very different haircut! Dottie

Sherrie Spangler said...

Rest, rest, rest! I sure hope you don't end up needing rotator cuff surgery like I did.