Sunday, August 27, 2023

12X12 quilts in the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection 5 08-27-23

I didn't realize time was slipping away from me and I didn't blog all week.  As always I will try to do better.  

Here are six more 12X12 quilts in the Collection from the SAQA auctions over the years.  I do have quite a few  birds and will show more in a future post.  The 2023 SAQA Auction starts September 14.  You can see all 380 of the quilts at   www.saqa.com/auction and read how you can register and bid.   I always go through them all several times and make a list of those I am interested in.  This year there are 24 on my list.  Depends on the price and who is bidding,  but I will  probably acquire  3 or 4  new pieces for the Collection. 

"Steller's Jay"  Terry Grant - Oregon  2011  12"X12"
Machine Pieced, Appliqued.  Machine Quilted.  Cotton Fabrics

"Night Owl"  Judith Roderick - New Mexico  2011  12"X12"
Silk  painting, Buttons, Machine quilted.

"Another Collector"  Diane Wright - Connecticut  2012  12"X12"
Artist painted background.  Machine pieced, appliqued.  Hand quilted.
Cotton Fabric and thread.

"A Little Birdy Told Me" - Terri Stegmiller - North Dakota  2011
Hand Painted, Machine outlined. Machine quilted.  Cotton fabric and thread tangles.  


"Blue Wren"   Helen Godden - Australia  2016
Machine appliqued and quilted.  Cotton Metallic fabric.


"Tree Top Parrots of the Palisades"  Sherry Kleinman - California  2009
Machine pieced, Appliqued, Quilted.  Machine Buttonhole.  Buttons.

#   #   #



1 comment:

Loretta said...

A fine collection....I cannot wait to see the new pieces you acquire this year!